Friday, May 9, 2008

800-39

I really don't have anything I want to address today, just a note to let you know I am alive. I have been mucho grande busy on a project for work and I am helping to redefine the process at work under my "Improve Your Process" mantra.

I will say this, I had committed to posting my review/comments of the 800-39. The reason why I am not is that I don't really have any. I don't really see the purpose of the document. It is high level, and only really says: do what the 800-37 tells you and conduct 800-30 style assessments in detail and often. So if you are brand new and require an overview, perhaps this will help. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

There is supposed to be a new 800-30 on the horizon that should match better to the 800-39. We'll see.

Update: I looked at the Second Public Draft of 800-39 with much the same feelings.

No comments: